The municipal council of the city of Friedrichshafen comprises 40 city councillors from various factions.
Deciding committees can make their own decisions within their area of expertise and up to an order of magnitude specified in the main articles of association:
- Finance and Administration Committee
- Technical Committee Reallocation Committee
- Committee on Culture and Social Affairs
- Committee on the Environment and Sustainability
- Joint Committee of the Administrative Community Friedrichshafen-Immenstaad
Decisions going beyond this are discussed by these committees and recommendations are made, the decision is then taken by the local council.
Further information in German can be found in the Council Information System.
Advisory committees prepare the decisions of the municipal council and make recommendations. They do not make their own decisions. There are:
- Board of Trustees of the Zeppelin Foundation
- Integration Committee and Council of Nations and Cultures